Moving Check List
The following check list will assist in making the relocation process more organized. An important aspect of a successful move is pre-planning.
Find out what to do before the move and things you may overlook on moving day. Also, prepare yourself with the minimal necessities during the moving process. Finally, plan ahead and prepare your new residence for your arrival.
What to do before moving day:
The following will be forwarded at no charge for the period indicated:
• First Class, Priority and Express Mail: 12 months unless otherwise requested by mailer.
• Newspapers and Magazines: 60 days.
• Packages weighing 16 ounces or more: 12 months locally (you pay forwarding charges if you move outside the local area. If you do not want this class of mail forwarded, contact your local Post Office).
• Mail Address Change Notification cards to people and businesses who send you mail.
If you have pets and/or plants, you need to arrange for their transfer. Most moving companies cannot move them for you.
If you need to dispose of hazardous products, call 1-800-cleanup.
Specific Tasks You Don't Want to Overlook
If you are traveling a great distance, have your car serviced 2 weeks in advance.
Make hotel reservations if you are traveling long distance or are unable to move in to your residence right away.
On moving day carry hard-to-replace items with you, such as jewelry, family photos, etc.
Make sure to back-up your computer files before you disconnect and pack it away.
Last Minute Tasks for the Day of the Move
Pack a survival kit with enough essentials to tide you and your family over for at least 24 hours:
• Personal needs - eyeglasses, medication, extra clothes, etc.
• Bathroom needs - towels, soap, toilet paper, etc.
• Cleaning needs - sponges, cleaners, broom, dustpan, etc.
• Kitchen needs - snacks, drinks, disposable utensils, cups, and plates, etc.
• Basic tools - hammer, screwdrivers (Phillips head & flat head), knife, tape, etc.
• Payment for movers.
• Keys and directions to your new home.
Responsibilities at your future address:
Arrange to register your children in new school(s).
Familiarize your children with their new environment.
Put together your children's' and your own health records - keep these handy during your move.
Look for new doctors and dentists.
Update or open new bank accounts.
NOVA Real Estate Services, Inc.
23046 Avenida De La Carlota Ste.600 Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Offices inLaguna Hills Main office, Oceanside and Palm Desert.
REO ASSET MANAGERS